Bolo Bhi is looking for a passionate Communication and Outreach Officer based in Islamabad to lead its advocacy initiatives related to digital rights and internet policy.
– Manage and maintain Bolo Bhi website and social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, LinkedIn, Instagram.)
– Design digital media advocacy campaigns: includes research, social media strategies and content development.
– Creation of digital content: develop blogs, press releases, infographics, videos.
– Regularly research and collect information about the latest events, policies, and laws pertaining to social media and the internet in Pakistan and globally.
– Develop content for training modules and deliver workshops on issues such as: civic engagement, digital security, fake news and cyber harassment.
– Organize and participate in multi-stakeholder roundtables and panel discussions on issues related to internet policy and digital rights.
Required Skills & Experience:
– Bachelors degree in social sciences
– Excellent research and writing skills
– Basic knowledge of wordpress and graphic design
– Working knowledge of social media page management on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
– Fluency in written and spoken English and Urdu. Knowledge of an additional local language would be beneficial.
– Public speaking and presentation skills.
– Understanding and interest in global affairs related to digital rights
Interested qualified candidates should email expression of interest, a relevant writing sample of minimum 800 words, and an updated CV to email@example.com
Application Deadline: 9 September 2019
Compensation: Competitive salary offered