Bolo Bhi job vacancy. This is an Islamabad based position.
- Research, document, and critically analyze practices, policies, and laws pertaining to human rights related to the internet and technology in Pakistan and globally. This entails a focus on censorship, content regulation, surveillance, and internet governance.
- Grant writing, program development and progress report maintenance for projects.
- Manage and maintain archives of research on internet related content.
- Prepare articles, press releases, reports, and presentations.
- Draft and publish research findings and policy recommendations to counter technology related human rights abuses.
- Develop content for training modules and deliver workshops on issues such as: civic engagement, digital security, fake news, and cyber harassment.
- Develop and implement advocacy strategies against human rights abuses online in collaboration with communications team.
- Organize and participate in multi-stakeholder roundtables and panel discussions on issues related to internet policy and digital rights.
- Media engagement including print, radio, and television.
- Travel domestically and internationally, as required, to conduct research, media engagement and advocacy.
Required Skills & Experience
- An advanced degree in social sciences, Masters preferred.
- 1-2 years of relevant human rights experience is required, with a good understanding of digital rights and internet related policies.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Public speaking and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Understanding and interest in global affairs related to digital rights.
- Basic knowledge of wordpress.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Urdu. Knowledge of an additional local language would be beneficial.
- Application Deadline: 2nd October 2019.
- Call for Interviews: 4th October 2019.
- Interviews: 7th October 2019.
- Position starting: 14th October 2019.
Compensation: Competitive salary offered.
Interested qualified candidates should send expression of interest, a relevant writing sample of minimum 800 words, and an updated CV to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.